Why Use Cloudflare?
What is Cloudflare? What does it do? What are its benefits and downside? These are the questions we will answer in this blog post.
1. What is Cloudflare?
Is a web service provider that specializes in CDN (Content Delivery Network). From this service sprung out a chain of services that are correlated to each other like web optimization, security and reliability.
2. What does it do?
Cloudflare saves a copy of your website pages to their memory and serve that copy if someone tried to request that page again. This will save valuable if not limited resources of your web server so that it will not always take the load for all the page request.
3. What are the benefits?
- Faster page load - since the final appearance of the page is loaded from the memory. It does not need to perform any transformation of data that was being done from your web server which minimizes page load time.
- Optimized Page - Cloudflare has a functionality that can minify and asynchronously load your assets such as your JS, CSS and HTML.
- Media Cache - All of your images and videos are also saved in the memory
- Security - DDOS attack have minimum or zero effect on your website as a result of your pages being served from the memory which is distributed in different places in the world. Cloudflare also updates their threat audit at real time which directly benefits all of their customers.
- Reliability - since your web pages are in the memory Cloudflare will continuously serve you web pages even if your web server is down.
- It is FREE (Basic Services)
4. What are the downsides?
- There is no functionality where you can only cache a certain part of the page. (donut caching)
- All request will go through Cloudflare.
If you would like to know more about Cloudflare services or how to improve your website. You can send us a message by clicking this link https://www.coodytech.com/contact/.